Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Amazing Grace! Christmas at Our House


One of our granddaughters with Patience and Josh, all looking much too subdued for a Christmas party!
  Ooh, making punch with the grandchildren! (We'll get this party started!)
Everyone gets into the last minute food prep. It looks like Chris is the Master Chef giving instructions.
Of course, I wanted Gordon Ramsay, but I guess he was booked!
Jessi, aka Gluten Free Girl, shares a hug with her niece.

The grandchildren open their group gift from Jessi while she snaps their picture in the background. Get ready.  GET SET!  GO!



Let the mad ruckus begin!


I could not contain my excitement!!! This is a can of grape pulp. We had a poor year for grapes and this is my consolation. YES!!! I can still make wine! Thank you, Chris!
Here's Chris asking, "Is this for real? Really, is this real or just some random box?" By the way, the bearskin rug he's sitting on is NOT real.
Things I didn't show: a shy guest, the group prayer led by the children, the bottomless punch bowl, the food, the eating, the children singing Christmas carols as they tried politely to lure the adults upstairs to where the tree and presents were waiting, the unveiling of the other gifts, the joy of just being with each other. 
Having a family you love deeply and being able to be together is the best gift God could provide on this day that so richly honors His Son, 
the reason for the season.

Wishing all of you the joy of love throughout the New Year and Always! 
If you don't feel it yet, don't give up. Don't ever give up. Everyone in my family has gone through dark, dreary days when each person wondered if the light really shined, not being able to see through the darkness
to the end of the tunnel.
Work hard to create the love. 
Let your light shine! You will be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Ha....I've never seen so much joy on someone's face to receive grape pulp, LOL! It looks like it was a great day. Love the inside of your house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My reaction to receiving that gift even surprised me! I laughed and laughed. No way I could ever stage that. I guess I got a little excited! Our grape harvest (NIL) had been such a disappointment this year. Thanks for the compliment on our home. Very similar to yours, I think!
    On New Year's Day, we're doing a family rib fest, a little cooking competition. With distances to travel and other family obligations, it really is a challenge to get time altogether!

    ReplyDelete