Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Best Things in Life Are...Just Plain Messy!

Perhaps I realized on the day I was born, in a great big two-poster bed that had been specially made for my great grandfather in Washington C.H., Ohio, by a carpenter named Burnette, the first piece of furniture my great grandfather commissioned when he returned home from the Civil War and awaited his upcoming marriage to his fiance. I now have that bed, my birthplace. Anyway, I believe whatever thing of value that we make in life is messy at some time during the process, and that's where the fun is, at least partly.

That's why I love cooking! The feel of getting your hands into it, like noodles, just getting all messy and gooey, becoming part of it! Then the wonderful smells, sometimes the sound, the sight of food when it comes together, and then of course the final reward~the taste! There is so much personal satisfaction in that!

Sharing the fun with friends or family suddenly bumps it up to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment