Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Cookies and Holiday Baking--Finding Recipes Fast!

I love looking at the pics of Christmas cookies, but some can be so time-consuming! Just saying...

For personal, palatable satisfaction, it's really hard to beat cinnamon rolls. 

 Sure, you can fancy them up with sugar frosting but any way you go about it, they are just PURE YUM! I include recipes in my January 2011 posts on this blog.

As for cookies, I have not yet begun my cookie-baking frenzy. I'm wanting some new ideas, or maybe twists on old favorites but, especially, I'm on the look-out for cookies with real eye appeal, especially with the pressure of cookie exchanges that can be so competitive! Some sites I recommend for cookies and holiday baked goods:

www.pillsbury.com/Christmascookies
www.foodnetwork.com
www.Christmas-cookies.com
www.marthastewart.com

You'll find photos and recipes for a range of difficulty levels. Happy baking! Send your holiday baking thoughts, experiences and photos to share with others if you like. I enjoy the feel of making cookies. Then, while they're baking, you begin feeding the other senses with the wonderful smells and the artistry of the visual display. Oh, yeah...it's almost time to start!

What is your favorite holiday cookie? 

9 comments:

  1. I can smell those cinnamon rolls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice the richness of maple syrup as you sniffed the cinnamon rolls? We're so fortunate to have a maple grove in our woods! You're entered in the next give-away. If you win and you'd rather have the maple syrup, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mcleekay--you're in for the next drawing! Keep those comments coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing, but buckeyes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried out a new cookie recipe today. The results were good! Thinking maybe for the exchange! I too love looking at recipes but just can't get myself to try the more complex ones lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried out a new one today too. Maybe. I know it will taste good but can it pass the visual tests? We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinnamon rolls sure are good! I love the icing on them. I have become a follower. I found you over on my friend Granny Sue's site. I love baking cookies, but don't do it as much as I would like to because I also like to eat them (a little too much), I don't know what my favorite Christmas cookie is, I like so many. I have lots of recipes over on my site, if you ever want to come over and give a look see.

    ReplyDelete