Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Food Fest--New Year's Friendly Family Competition

Each pizza creation gave a unique but scrumptious food experience.
Last year was the beginning of a new tradition in our family with a food challenge to ring in the 2011 New Year. Our Pizza Bake-Off, available in an archived post, was such a hit with the grandchildren, our judges (they're SO easy to bribe!!!), that we all decided on another food competition to bring in 2012. 

After several discussions, we settled on a RibFest this year. The adults are all dreaming up the various ingredients and cooking methods, made even more challenging by some food allergies to work around, but it's sure to be another event that offers great fun and food for all. I'm making my two ranges and the outside grill/smoker all available for the cooks. 




I've taken special requests on side dishes that include Napa cole slaw, baked beans, and corn casserole.

Note:  Any attempts at weight control/loss will be put on the back burner until this food challenge is over!

Question: What are your New Year's Traditions?

4 comments:

  1. What fun! The pizza AND the ribs. I think I just may steal these ideas :-) (Hhhmmm...a bad sweater competition and a pizza and/or ribs compitition -- ideas just prancing through my head!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great ideas, dr momi, but I've loaned out all my tacky sweaters to my daughter for her competitions! (Wait, I think there's one more.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New year's traditions here: the bonfire in which we burn our troubles and that of friends and anyone else who sends them to us; cabbage with money in it to assure wealth in the new year; making sure the house is clean, laundry done, and all bills paid and obligations met to start the year clean. Also, I believe that how you start the year is how you will spend the year. Our day was spent with grandkids, helping one clean out the house she's moving into, cooking for others, and enjoying them immensely. Also did some writing too. I hope my year continues in this vein :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Impressive, Granny Sue! I agree with the notion of starting clean and fresh. The money in the cabbage, hmmm! A little mint flavoring?! (forgive the pun, please, couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete