Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

FUNTHINGS TODO! Ideas for Gathering Friends and Family for the Holidays







It's a Christmas Cookie Exchange that a friend of mine is hosting and I'm so excited!
BTW, that's a wonderful way to get family and friends together for the holidays. Then, everyone walks away with a great assortment of cookies, ready for parties or gift-giving!

For this particular party, besides sharing cookies, the guests will also be sharing their recipes. Now, what to bake? What to bake? Hmmm...maybe NO-BAKE. Any ideas? I want a cookie that will be as much a delight to the eyes as it is to the tongue but not too time-consuming or complicated! Of course, I'll want to post the end result and maybe the recipe.

Also consider another FUN, FUN, FUN (!!!) Christmas tradition of mine~the TAFFY PULL! If you've never done it, you might want to consider making it your own family funthing for the holidays or anytime. It requires more than one person, so plan a time when you can do it. My mother's recipe (God Bless) is posted. I miss my mother every day, but using her favorite traditional recipes brings a warm feeling, almost like having her there. She wouldn't mind my passing them on but, I'll warn you, she always left something out! Her little way of keeping her secrets to herself! It was always up to me to figure out what was missing. (She's still doing it. The missing ingredient is MOM. What a sense of humor!)

I challenge you to either start a new and fun family/friend tradition or do what another friend of mine is doing this Christmas~she's doing random acts of kindness all month long. She's already a kind person, just kicking it up to the next level!

6 comments:

  1. P.S. The fancy crochet-encased candy cane is a gift from my cousin Stephanie who does such beautiful crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I'd love to do another one of these. I remember going to one some years ago. I came home with great recipes and delicious cookies. Suggestions? Haystacks are so simple, mincemeat tarts are also simple and a bit different. Let me know if you want recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Granny Sue! I haven't made a decision yet. What are haystacks? Coconut? That would be terrific! I've been looking for a recipe for coconut haystacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have done a cookie exchange at Kelly's for ... I think 12 years now ... Mom, Dar, Aunt Emmarie, Me, Tracy, Marsha, Kelly, Aleta, Joni, Ellen, Ruthie ... and now the youngens have started joining in the fun. Zach, Logan, Paige, Kassie, Lindsey and Lexie. It's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my goal this Christmas season is to do random acts of kindness. Monday morning I went through the drive-thru at Tim Hortons,got my order, and then paid for the order of the car behind me. It was only a couple of dollars, and tt was a great way to start my day, I hope it was a great start to his/her day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far, so good, every day I have kept up my random acts of kindness for Christmas. Hopefully it will carry through to the new year as well!

    ReplyDelete