Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Starting our FARM MARKET

When I got this sign many years ago, I had no idea that someday I would have eggs to sell. I just really like eggs!






Today we jumped our first hurdle toward having a FARM MARKET! We passed the Ohio Dept. of Agriculture inspection! Our chickens are producing eggs. Our packaging is in place. We are READY! 




The ROOSTER door knocker from eggcartons.com will greet people and let us know when we have a customer.


Chris and I are beginning our farm market at home. At first, all I'll have is eggs to sell on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Later we'll have more things to offer, both from our gardens and from cottage goods that we produce. 


By a year from now, Chris will probably have the old red farmhouse re-roofed and renovated to set up our farm market  there. That will actually be a better location. 


I'm so excited!!! The thought of having our own FARM MARKET is incredibly energizing!!! I'm thinking about making small market and egg baskets for our produce, jams and jellies, and bread! I can hear the dulcimers and Celtic music now! 


We'll keep it small and manageable, a place where friends old and new can stop by and visit if they want. I have to do a pickled egg jar and offer sweet tea! This is going to be so much fun!!! 

8 comments:

  1. I can hear your excitement! Oh the possibilities......!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Momi, I believe you can hear it!!! Oh,the possibilities!

    I have to tell you how much I love your blog, and what you've been doing with your lay-out. Also enjoying the blogs you're following. I'm ready to start designing my own blog button and see about joining the crowd. Stiff competition, though!!! Making my blog button is a big focus of my TO-DO list. So, wish me luck and please try not to laugh too hard when you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda, when I made my button, I just typed in How to Make a Blog Button into Google....this is the site I used....
    http://bloggingwithamy.com/how-to-make-a-blog-button/

    I changed the layout of my blog when I wanted more than one thing up front and center. i.e. my Bio,(on the left) and Join This Site (on the right)for followers to follow easy. It's been working for me. Good luck with that button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....oh, and I'd never laugh and neither will anyone else -- go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great encouragement!!! I must, I must, I truly MUST!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm so proud & can't wait to help!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessi, we knew there'd be some way to get you back down on the farm! For awhile, I thought maybe the lure of Christmas trees might do it, but who would have thought you're allergic?!!!

    dr momi, you are an amazing mentor! Thanks! Let's see what I can do with your considerable guidance. I can't start yet. I have to finish and deliver my "Random Act of Kindness" treats for some wonderful people. The Valentine treats: Paula Peck's chocolate-walnut brownies (amazingly good!) and chocolate covered strawberries with my own recipe for dipping sauce.

    ReplyDelete