Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Monday, February 27, 2012

FARM MARKET PREPARATIONS



Busy, busy, busy!  I'm bustling around today with shopping for ingredients and packaging for my cottage food production of breads, jams, jellies, and cookies to go along with the brown eggs we have to sell. On Fridays, I'll be baking for our farm market which will be held on Saturday from 12 to 6 at our farm near Chillicothe, Ohio. So excited!!!

I'd like to add popcorn and pies to the list of offerings as soon as possible. Later, in season, we'll have plants, fruits and vegetables. On the livestock side, Chris will be offering his blended feeds and bales of hay. We're starting small but will have a few different offerings each week along with a steady supply of breads and eggs.

In the meantime, there are things to be done: Get the trailer ready and moved. Make the signs. 
Cook and bake. Package and label.
Spread the word! 
Farm Market, Blaine Hwy 3 miles off U.S. Route 23.  Saturday, 12 to 6. 
Look for a vintage Airstream Camper in front of an old barn.
(Our farm is near the KC Raceway.)

This will be so much fun!!! We'll have very tasty products made with great care and select ingredients. 

4 comments:

  1. Busy, busy! .....I like the explaination of your blog title all written out in your header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dr momi! I figured, like you, make things easier for the reader! I'd like to do several other changes to the blog as time permits, like making recipes easier to find. The next two weeks will be crazy busy though, as I try to not only create demand but meet it with what customers want. Then, it's bake time! Fun Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound exciting to be able to start so early. Wish I could come. Much luck to you! By the way, I read something the other day that said when you prepare your food with love it actually changes the chemical structure of the food and it tastes sweeter and is more nutritious. I'm a believer - and I knew you would be too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michaele, I love that theory!!! You just made my day! I've been baking, baking, baking today to provide really fresh and delicious product tomorrow. Your comment gives me renewed energy after all the kneading! What a workout!

    ReplyDelete