Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Unexpected Pleasures

German tea cup and saucer in the Orchard pattern, loose Earl Grey tea, and a tea towel!!!
Today I opened an unexpected package from Granny Sue, a writer and storyteller (see my blogroll). She must have been very happy with the maple syrup I sent her! The things that made this assortment especially well chosen are things Granny Sue could not have known about me: (1) I had just started a tea cup and saucer collection last summer so that I could do a vintage-style tea of mismatched cups with my granddaughters, (2) I try to always have Earl Grey on hand, and (3) I use at least two tea towels a day so I wash them almost daily!
Thank You, Susanna! I'm just blown away!

2 comments:

  1. Not only that, on closer inspection I see that it really is a Turkish Tea Towel, made in Turkey! What an undeserved kindness! I'll use it carefully.

    ReplyDelete