Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

An Icy Retreat


the patio furniture and steps, decked out with glistening icicles
Winter weather advisories for the area convinced Chris and me that I should leave the night before a workshop in order not to be stuck at home and miss it. How wise!











While I was gone, the driveway became a skating rink ready for action, and the bushes! They had a heavy coat of ice with icicles dangling everywhere, and not always straight down. Obviously, there had been wind as well as freezing temperatures and drizzle. These scenes greeted me when I returned home.


frozen coriopsis



icicle limbs of the buckeye tree with the frozen woods beyond




 ice-encased bridal veil spirea
If I hadn't driven to the hotel the night before, I would have stayed home since roads were ice-covered as well. SO glad I went! I gained some knowledge and skills, made some new friends, and have all sorts of ideas for work! 


an icy retreat

Today's forecast: freezing drizzle. I put cleats on to take care of our animals because it was too icy to walk in my boots! The pantry may not be well-stocked, and I have no gas for the fireplace, but somehow I think I'll be just fine even if the power goes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment