Welcome to The Pauley Principle!

The Pauli Principle, named for Wolfgang Pauli, deals with atoms and electron-sharing that results in new, stronger bonds. Think 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, a shared delectable (!) electron and VOILA! Water!

Similarly, when you prepare whole food to share with family and friends, especially foods you've grown, something amazing happens. Meals become tastier and healthier. Your soul, not just your stomach, becomes fulfilled. You live life more abundantly as a result. During a shared meal, the bonds that people create grow stronger and become something new: GREATER than the sum of the parts! I give you The Pauley Principle.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We Really REALLY Like Salsa

A month ago I thought I'd used up all of the canned salsa I had put up but just yesterday, as I was inventorying my canning jars, I found a box of, not just jars, jars with salsa from last summer's garden! Yes, 100% pure YUM!!! And I won't even get into the nutrition factor with all the anti-oxidents salsa has. As the title says, we like our salsa. Really.

Now my mouth waters as I look at my seedling tomatoes for this year and think about their promise of more salsa. Granted, I planted early. In years past I had to so that I'd have time to re-seed. Germination, however, has been excellent this year since I took over my basement to make a mad scientist's laboratory. I've discovered that the addition of a grow light is paying off with tall and very leafy plants. So tall, as Chris pointed out, that we're going to have a little problem. It will be a long time before our weather and the cold, saturated soil will allow me to get them outside. And, as they continue to grow, when I start to put them in the hotbed as a little nursery for conditioning to the elements, I may need to add on and build up the sides of the frame! The abundant growth is a side effect of improved sprouting conditions that I hadn't considered!

In early March, there's still plenty of time to start tomato seedlings inside. I rushed the season but how could I help it? We really REALLY like salsa. If you like salsa, try my recipe. Adjust it to taste and dig in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment